“The beard signifies the courageous; the beard distinguishes the grown men, the earnest, the active, the vigorous. So that when we describe such, we say, he is a bearded man.”
– St. Augustine
The product that all bearded Catholic Men didn’t even know they were waiting for has arrived! Hand made in small batches by a Catholic beard enthusiast Tony Vasinda. Barbatus Beard Balm is an all natural blend of almond oil, shea butter, beeswax, cocoa butter and essential oils (in our scented ones). There are currently five aromas available Chrism, Lectio, Franciscan, Holy Smokes and Orthodoxy.
- Chrism: The rich aroma of balsam, rose, and 50+ other scents all mix together to remind you daily of your baptismal promises.
- Lectio: This blend is a subtle mix of sandalwood, amber, and vanilla to help you focus on making “scents” of scripture.
- Franciscan: Our “unscented formula” smells very lightly of cocoa, nuts, and honey from the natural ingredients.
- Holy Smokes: Is our newest formula and combines the aromas of Frankincense, Myrrh, and a touch of wood smoke to evoke the rich smells of incense.
- Orthodoxy: We set out to craft a scent as an homage to the great G.K. Chesterton. The result contains light notes of hopps and pipe tobacco.
We also have one more aroma we are working on this summer called Orthodoxy.
What does a beard balm do exactly? A beard balm or oil is basically a leave in conditioner for your beard. You rub a little on your hands and then into your beard working it in thoroughly. Once your balm is applied you just comb or brush out your beard to receive the following benefits:
- Softens your beard
- Promotes a fuller appearance
- Encourages growth
- Nourishes your beard hair
- Helps with styling (if you’re into that)
- Prevents unruly and stray beard hairs
- Prevents beard dandruff (this is a real thing)
- Moisturizes the skin under your beard
- Signifies your courageous faith
|Dimensions||2 x 2 x 1 in|
Chrism, Franciscan, Lectio, Holy Smoke, Orthodoxy