In my years in ministry, I have learned to beg, borrow, and steal any and every resource I could get my hands on to make my ministry thrive. I’ve encountered some good ones, some great ones, and some lousy ones along the way.
Here are 56 for you to take a look at. These tools vary, as some are websites, subscriptions, organizations, podcasts, webinars, productivity tools and more! These are in no particular order. Enjoy, and share your feedback about the resources in the comments section.
*None of these people/organizations asked me to advertise for them. These are simply resources that I have found valuable over the years. I am not receiving any commission or money should you choose to use these tools.
1. The New Breed: the best book I’ve read on volunteers.
2. MichaelHyatt.com: awesome blog on leadership and productivity
3. ReBuildMyChurch.com: rethinking, reworking, rebuilding the way we do youth ministry.
4. Evernote: Cloud-based filing system to be used on multiple platforms (iPad, iPhone, desktop)
5. Youth Ministry Access by Center for Ministry Development: Online database of awesome youth ministry sessions
6. Sustainable Youth Ministry: ministry changing book
7. CatholicYouthMinistryPodcast.com: fun podcast on youth ministry.
8. National Association for Catholic Youth Ministry Leaders: Otherwise known as NACYML, a professional organization for youth ministry leaders.
9. National Conference of Catechetical Leaders: Otherwise known as NCCL, a professional organization for catechetical leaders.
10. National Association of Lay Ministers: Otherwise known as NALM, a professional organization for lay leaders.
11. National Study on Youth and Religion: Ministry changing sociological research on youth and young adults.
12. Youth Leader Training on the Go: An awesome resource to train volunteers.
13. A Minute with Maxwell: 60 seconds of pure leadership wisdom from John C. Maxwell.
14. The Advantage: THE book on how to run an organization.
15. Strength Based Leadership: Have a team of volunteer or staff? Discover their strengths and lead at a new level.
16. WordPress: simple way to create a website.
17. ToodleDo: how I organize my task list on multiple platforms (iPad, iPhone, desktop)
18. The Best Youth Ministry Podcast Ever: fun podcast for youth ministry leaders and volunteers (I’m a host!)
19. Wild at Heart: Great book on what it means to be a Christian man.
20. Captivating: Great book on what it means to be a Christian woman.
21. National Certificate Program in Youth Ministry: self-explanatory.
22. Alliance for the Certification of Lay Ecclesial Ministers: the place to become a national certified lay ecclesial minister.
23. University of Dayton Youth Ministry Certification: another online national certification course in youth ministry.
24. Leading Change: One of the best books on leading change.
25. Fusion: Turning First-Time Guests into Fully Engaged Members of Your Church: must read for all who are serious about good church hospitality.
26. The Parish Management Handbook: From theology of administration to practical leadership skills, this is worth the read.
27. Give Us This Day: Daily prayer for Catholics.
28. Homeword.com: tons of resources for parents and working with children.
29. HomeWord Podcast: an equally great podcast on the same subject matter.
30. The EntreLeadership Podcast: Wow! The most practical podcast on how to lead an organization. Transferable to ministry.
31. This Is Your Life (Michael Hyatt) Podcast: Great podcast on leadership and productivity.
32. Growing an Engaged Church: book backed by Gallup research.
33. First, Break All the Rules: The best managers lead differently. Works for ministry, too!
34. LifeTeen: cool youth ministry resources, blogs, podcasts, and more.
35. Y Disciple: more cool youth ministry resources.
36. Total Youth Ministry: An older youth ministry resource from Saint Mary’s Press, I still use it!
37. Total Catechesis: same!
38. National Conference on Catholic Youth Ministry: Awesome conference for youth and young adult ministry leaders.
39. Religious Education Congress: Awesome conference no matter what ministry you’re in!
40. The Leadership Roundtable on Church Management: I’m just learning about them, but I appreciate their approach to church leadership.
41. 30 Second MBA: Just learned about this. Interesting.
42. Fast Company Leadership Articles: enough said.
43. Catholic YM Blog: great youth ministry blog. Lots of great resources!
44. Strong Catholic Families: Church’s need to partner with parents. This helps!
45. JonAcuff.com: Need motivation? This will do it.
46. BustedHalo.com: A ton of awesome resources on young adult ministry.
47. WordOnFire.com (Fr. Robert Barron): Just cool stuff! Apologetics, great videos, re-thinking ministry.
48. Harvard Business Review YouTube Channel: Short business videos that apply to ministry as well.
49. Start With Why by Simon Sinek (YouTube video): I love this video! Talks about knowing the “why” before you do the “what.”
50. FlockNote: Texting tool for churches.
51. MeetingWizard.com: How I set up meetings with tons of people.
52. SurveyMonkey.com: easy way to do surveys.
53. GoodReader: iPad app that helps me organize all my files.
54. SpiritandSong.com: Catholic music, music, music.
55. TED video with Nancy Duarte: how to give awesome talks and presentations.
56. Lifelong Faith Journal: Looking at best practices for faith formation in the 21st century.
Question: Do you have any opinions on these resources? What resources would you add to the list?