"God wants us to be happy always. He knows us and he loves us. If we allow the love of Christ to change our heart, then we can change the world. This is the secret of authentic happiness." – Pope Benedict XVI, in Mexico recently.
I try to not be a complainer. I do believe that grumbling or whining is a sign of unhappiness, as does Michael Hyatt who posted some suggestions on how to be a happier person that people want to be around.
Here are Htatt’s seven steps to reversing this pattern and becoming a happy person others trust and want to be around:
1.Become self-aware. How do you come off before others – encouraging or complaining, glass half-full and mostly empty
2. Assess your needs. If you are complaining, analyze your motivations. Believe me, when you are complaining, people are asking themselves about why you are doing that.
3. Decide to change. You can start today. Not unlike a diet or exercise… Make a choice and follow-up regularly to self-monitor your progress
4. Shift your identity. The Self-talk yourself into who and what you want to be.
5. Greet others with a smile. I’ve been told by others that I sometimes smirk – – wondering if that was a complaint?
6. Catch others doing something right. Celebrate. Celebrate. Celebrate.
7. Speak well of others. Same deal – Celebrate. Celebrate. Celebrate. <Image Source>