Like in the Beatles’ song Eight Days a Week, youth ministers work so hard it is like working eight days a week. Here continues a weekly series to serve you over your next eight days with eight notes for your information and formation. Pass these along in your e-newsletters (and offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.
- Happy New Year! Scott Bagshaw of LifeTeen considers this a time of Do Overs!
- Many (who usually have Mondays off) are finally returning to work today following the holidays. Chris Wesley has tips to assist with reentry.
- Need a quick program idea? How about a night on Media Literacy?
- As today is the 12th Day of Christmas, our cover image and our poster commemorate the tradition feast of the Epiphany. (click to enlarge, right click on larger image to download/ save image as…)
- With Epiphany during this week, it is appropriate that this is National Migration Week which focuses on the theme of “We Are One Family Under God” The USCCB has beautiful prayer cards for migrant families and children.
- If you will be offering a winter retreat or camp (or even a Confirmation retreat) soon, Marko is challenging you to consider how you might be (non-manipulatively) be providing “Ebeneezer” spiritual markers for young people.
- Locally, recently, we lost a renowned Catholic Youth Ministry leader, Mark Pacione. If you never know him, here is an opportunity to review a life well lived with obituaries from the NFCYM and the Baltimore Sun and remembrances collected by the Catholic Review as well as a personal one from five years back. (Also, please remember Sister Norma Gutierrez)
- We remember you always in our thoughts and prayers as we ain’t got nothing but love, babe, eight days a week.