Like in the Beatles’ song Eight Days a Week, youth ministers work so hard it is like working eight days a week. Here continues a weekly series to serve you over your next eight days with eight notes for your information and formation. Pass these along in your e-newsletters (and offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.
- Mark Oestreicher shares a promo for the Alpha Youth Film Series. Anyone out there using this? Please share a review in the comments section.
- Doug Fields offers 10 Tips for Becoming a Family-Friendly Youth Ministry
- Titus Benton acknowledges the growth he has experienced in his fifteen years of youth ministry and commemorates the end of “Doofus youth ministry.”
- Are you utilizing the “ministry of presence” to ensure connection with those with who you serve? After all, aren’t they just waiting for us to notice them?
- This weekend is also the time when many participate in the Souper Bowl of Caring. The “Big Game” occurs Sunday. Vancouver diocesan director is again supporting the Seahawks.
- Our cover image and poster image remind you that Catholic Relief Services’ Operation Rice Bowl starts with the beginning of Lent on Ash Wednesday, February 18. (click to enlarge, right click on larger image to download/ save image as…)
- It is, of course, Catholic Schools Week. They are our partners in ministry with young people, Read Katie Prejean’s reflections on being a teacher.
- We remember you always in our thoughts and prayers as we ain’t got nothing but love, babe, eight days a week.