Like in the Beatles’ song Eight Days a Week, youth ministers work so hard it is like working eight days a week. Here continues a weekly series to serve you over your next eight days with eight notes for your information and formation, especially with Lent knocking on the door. Pass these along in your e-newsletters (and offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.
- Please make sure in the very next days to pass along info regarding #sharejesus.
- Invite young people to participate in Busted Halo’s InstaLent.
- Send a Catholic e-greeting or many other resources from American Catholic. And USCCB has a Lenten calendar as well!
- Hope that your family is participating in Catholic Relief Services’ Operation Rice Bowl
- Pass along Life Teen’s 102 Things to give up for Lent.
- For your own personal Lenten reflection, consider reading about Pope Francis’ recent homily to new cardinals offered last Sunday. Or, ummm, errr, actually reading it!
- This homily is where the quote from which our weekly poster came. (click to enlarge, right click on larger image to download/ save image as…)
- Through Lent, we will mute our Alleluia’s when we think and prayer for you who, of course, as we ain’t got nothing but love, babe, eight days a week.