Like in the Beatles’ song Eight Days a Week, youth ministers work so hard it is like working eight days a week. Here continues a weekly series (sorry we missed last Tuesday, lotws of transitions happening!) to serve you over your next eight days with eight notes for your information and formation. Pass these along in your e-newsletters (and offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.
- The NFCYM is taking advantage of the upcoming family synod and surveying for responses regarding answers that will be discussed by church leaders and parish workers interested in the welfare of families.
- Can you put an understanding of your programming down into just a few words. Here’s an example.
- In case you missed him, Stephen Colbert was recently interviewed by his chaplain. Check the video.
- So many of us in youth ministry work with suburban kids. Do we invite them to consider how privileged they are (or do we just deal with their own – and maybe their parents’ – sense of entitlement?)
- On a different track, in a multi-cultured society, how do you deal with “third-Culture” kids?
- It is that season again… Here are some suggestions in case you get fired. (Wish I had this list in the past years.)
- That’s a sad thought. Our poster this week reminds us of our love as motivation for all that we do.
- Last weekend, the SpongeBob movie beat out 50 Shades… so, celebrate, we are winning somewhere in this culture! Even if we are away for a short time, it does not diminish that we ain’t got nothing but love, babe, eight days a week.