Like in the Beatles’ song Eight Days a Week, youth ministers work so hard it is like working eight days a week. Here continues a weekly series to serve you over your next eight days with eight notes for your information and formation. Pass these along in your e-newsletters (and offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.)
- If you only had $10, how could you cheaply minister to parents? Here’s five things to say to parents who feel helpless Need a multitude of suggestions for parents to ask a kid about their day at school? Any why are we concerned about this?? The holy grail for helping youth remain religiously active as young adults, according to research, has been at home all along: parents.
- You may have already heard about “the Nones” (no religious identity) and are concerned that they statistically comprise about 20% of the population. Well, hang on, that number nearly doubles when you add in “the Churchless” (“the unchurched, the never-churched, and the skeptics) There is certainly room for evangelization…
- This, of course, leads to the inevitable question.. Is your youth ministry ready for unchurched kids?
- Which brings us to our weekly poster featuring a recent tweet from the Holy Father, Our cover image reminds us that today is Election Day. The USCCB has a prayer for you before you vote. (left click to enlarge, right click to print, save, or post it and share!)
- The Diocese of Wilmington put together a toolbox for your youth ministry efforts. Great resource!
- Is your Confirmation preparation process transmitting joy? Hope so!
- Josh Griffin reminds us that, sometimes, youth ministers just need to shut up!
- So, we will do that and keep our usual sign-off simple. Friends, when we think of you, we ain’t got nothing but love, babe, eight days a week.