Like in the Beatles’ song Eight Days a Week, youth ministers work so hard it is like working eight days a week. Here continues a weekly series to serve you over your next eight days with eight notes for your information and formation. Pass these along in your e-newsletters (and offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.)
This is a special “planning ahead” version of Eight Weeks
- At Project YM, Jenn D’Angelo-Lucovic has Thanksgiving related youth group games and a cook-off activity. Too late for this year? Hold them for next year.
- Images this week are Thanksgiving-centric. For the gratitude poster, use a left click to enlarge, right click to print, save, or post it and share!
- Advent should already be on your planning schedule. Here is a youth ministry friendly video to use or share.
- The NCCYM’s Catholic Parents’ Revival is available on-line for your community December 6. Each separate viewing site needs to purchase one live stream registration ($20) to host a live stream session, but there is no limit as to the number of viewers who can be in attendance. Steve and Jenni Angrisano, serving as emcees, will guide both onsite and virtual groups through this process as the event unfolds. A Program Book and Live Stream Host Guide will be available to download free by November 24.
- Are you considering a lock-in over the upcoming holiday breaks… (WHAT? Are you crazy?!!?) Nonetheless, Download Youth Ministry has inexpensive resources to assist your planning.
- The folks at Catholic Relief Services Rice Bowl are already thinking about Lent. Here is a video with five steps towards a faith-filled, family-based Lent.
- Plan to be meeting and facing new challenges. It is how we will grow. We have to do that personally as Colm has been addressing and culturally as Katie suggests when looking towards Ferguson.
- Scott’s posting planning schedule (as in contrast to Scott D.’s) offers Eight Days on Tuesdays and something content-y on Thursdays. There will be nothing posted later this week as we all celebrate Thanksgiving.Know that I will be offering gratitude for the youth ministry crowd from whom we ain’t got nothing but love, babe, eight days a week.