Like in the Beatles’ song Eight Days a Week, youth ministers work so hard it is like working eight days a week. Here continues a weekly series to serve you over your next eight days with eight notes for your information and formation. Pass these along in your e-newsletters (and offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.)
- Have you been hearing for years of the pessimistic statistics related to the future of young people and the US Church? Here’s another take on it. Meanwhile here are notes on the Aussie take of Catholic Youth Ministry.
- Looking for simple and easy “service projects” to pass along to young people for over the holidays or within their schools?
- Always looking for a new podcast to pass the time away on the treadmill or for a long drive? YM Answers seeks to offer practical answers to questions regarding the how’s of youth work.
- Our cover image and our poster meme evoke the story of St. Juan Diego, whose feast we celebrate today. Know his story in anticipation of the celebration of Our Lady of Guadalupe on Friday. (click to enlarge, right click on larger image to download/ save image as…)
- Here is a preview of Exodus: God and Kings, offered from a youth ministry perspective.
- Has your parish been considering small groups with and for young people? Joe Paprocki offers notes on how to host parish small faith groups with an introduction, planning months out from the start, identify and recruiting and then training of group leaders. Watch for more updates.
- There have been two great youth ministry conferences recently. If you missed the Youth Cartel’s Summit or last week’s National Conference on Catholic Youth Ministry, the “tapes” are available for Christmas gifting, birthday presents, and Bar Mitzvah celebrations.
- Know that we consider you gift enough during this season and all seasons and that we ain’t got nothing but love, babe, eight days a week.