Like in the Beatles’ song Eight Days a Week, youth ministers work so hard it is like working eight days a week. Here continues a weekly series (hey, we’ve had some transition lately, but we are back onto our Tuesday rhythm!) to serve you over your next eight days with eight notes for your information and formation. Pass these along in your e-newsletters (and offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.
- This afternoon (with another live broadcast this evening) I will be watching the eighth edition of Rebuild My Church. Please join me.
- Tis’ the season for the Sacrament of Reconciliation. USCCB has many resources available for you to pass along.
- Within the New Evangelization, faith soars into action… even to the point of dropping a friend in need through the roof.
- Within the New Evangelization,it is essential to always check our motivations and desired outcomes for our programming and ask “So what?“
- Our heroic complex in swoopping up all the children and put them in a classroom an hour a week with a spiritual orphanage worker is neither serving the parents nor the church.
- On a recent trip this weekend, the Pope received an near-answer to an expressed desire and got a pizza delivery. Our cover image celebrates that moment. For background on the story, check this CNN video. ? Ahhh,the choices of vocations,, right? Let’s talk about you for a moment… Are you in the right vocation? My daughter recently found this venn diagram and it makes a lot of sense, so we are passing it along as our poster of the week.
- In this digital age where kids are far more connected than parents, how can we help parents face the challenges of raising a digital native?
- Thursday brings us the Feast of the Annunciation. Beyond ringing the warning bells that there are only 299 more shopping days (or nine months) untill Christmas, it reminds of those who herald the Good News… including the many youth ministers for whom we ain’t got nothing but love, babe, eight days a week.