Like in the Beatles’ song Eight Days a Week, youth ministers work so hard it is like working eight days a week. Here continues a weekly series to serve you over your next eight days with eight notes for your information and formation. Pass these along in your e-newsletters (and offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.
- Worn out by all the activity of Holy Week (which may have seemed like more than eight days?) Consider: Do I know how to rest by accepting the love, gratitude and affection which I receive from God’s faithful people? Or, once my pastoral work is done, do I seek more refined relaxations, not those of the poor but those provided by a consumerist society? Is the Holy Spirit truly “rest in times of weariness” for me, or is he just someone who keeps me busy? With these questions, Pope Francis, addressed a Chrism mass gathering of priests of tiredness in pastoral ministry…. a message applicable to all of us.
- Going to workcamps, conferences, or leadership training this summer? Take Pope Francis with you…. Well. if that can’t happen, then have Flat Francis tag along for your pictures.
- Our poster comes from CatholicTV.com, while our banner image above comes from here.
- Here’s an inforgraphic with explanation regarding loads of detail regarding the impact of technology and faith.
- Research indicates hat young adults in their 20s who were heavy marijuana smokers in their teenage years scored 18% worse on long-term memory tests.
- And, now, a moment to defend some of values related to “attractional ministry“
- If you build it, they will come. another moment related to “attractional ministry” but also an Field of Dreams celebration of the start of baseball season.
- As we start both the Easter season and the baseball season, know that are prayers are with you each time you field a play and come to bat… because we ain’t got nothing but love, babe, eight days a week…