Like in the Beatles’ song Eight Days a Week, youth ministers work so hard it is like working eight days a week. (Hey, our worship leaders and music ministers are gonna be feeling this by week’s end as well!)
Here continues a weekly series to serve you over your next eight days with eight notes for your information and formation. Pass these along in your e-newsletters (and offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.
- Young people have been in the mainstream news recent- generationally they are still distracted drivers and they get their news differently.
- Chris Wesley offers a positive examination of conscience regarding how we are investing in our leaders.
- It’s Spring! and I be you might be making plans for changes in the Fall. (I know that I am!) Let’s make them stick!
- Sisters in Christ… is there an age limit on women in ministry? (I hope to God no one gets around to asking that question about men)
- As March and Lent both come to an end, our poster and our cover image both acknowledge that it is Holy Week as does the video to be shared below.
- Thirty years ago Saint John Paul II instituted World Youth Days in the Church. This pilgrimage of young people from every continent under the guidance of the Successor of Peter has truly been a providential and prophetic initiative. (Here is word of local celebrations in Baltimore and Wilmington.) Just two days ago, Pope Francis shared World Youth Day once again with young people around the globe.
- Of course, the this is an effort to curate the internet for you, the youth minister. Here’s why you should Seek and Share with others
- As we conclude the season of Lent and re-engage in the new life of Easter once again, know that our prayers and thoughts are with you who minister with young people because we ain’t got nothing but love, babe, eight days a week… Oh, and as a extra gift, here’s an easter egg for you: have a visit with Cookie Monster, your Life Coach