May the peace of Christ be with you.
So, just in case you missed it, Star Wars: The Force Awakens is in the theaters, It seems to be doing rather well in box office receipts. And it is getting a lot of buzz. There, that is the sort of ICYMI service we provide here! Actually, there’s more! We continue our weekly series of Catholic youth ministry hyperlinks for you is provided just In Case You Missed It.
- Marko retells the story of the Ethiopian eunuch and why our youth ministries should be safe havens from preventing young people or holding them back from full, conscious and active participation in the church… NOW!
- Download YM suggests that there are two mindsets that destroy your sense of servant ministry… and I have been guilty of both of them at times.
- As youth ministers, we are often called upon to be leaders of prayer (or are inviting others to be.) Joyce Donahue offers some essential and helpful notes on leading worship.
- Pope Francis recently baptized new Christians in the Sistine Chapel as part o last Sunday’s liturgical feast. He remionded the parents that “The best thing parents can pass on to their children is their religious faith.” He encouraged them to ensure this faith “not be lost, help make it grow and pass it on as a legacy.”
- A Pew Research Center survey of parents of 13- to 17-year-olds finds that today’s parents take a wide range of actions to monitor their teen’s online lives and to encourage their child to use technology in an appropriate and responsible manner.
- Seth Godin, a business blogger, asks ten questions helping you discern if your work matters. How are you doing on these?
- Mike St. Pierre is checking to see if you bring energy into your workplace and what sort of difference that might make.
- Youth Ministry types wear lots of hats. Chris Wesley, who really does wear many baseball caps, asks if we look at our job description hat collection as that as a burden or as an opportunity.
- Scott indicates that our work in New Evangelization demands we must call each other to service or works of mercy. It is not only about calling each other to feeling good by doing good. . It is not only about making a difference in the world by designing a better personal resume / eulogy with the way we live our lives. It is about the proclamation of the Gospel of Christ – to which Pope Francis is claiming as our mission is the “very nature” of the Church.
- Project YM is offering on-line training on using Snapchat in your ministry January 21 .
So, we leave you for another week. May the Force be with you as you share the Faith with young people.