May the Peace of Christ be with you.
We are waiting for the white stuff which should be arriving tomorrow. I love a good snow day (or two or more.) And I have been planning all week for it, this is one of those things of which I just do not want to miss a moment. Speaking of In Case You Missed It, here we continue our weekly series of Catholic youth ministry hyperlinks for you.
- Pope sends a message to young boys and girls for their Jubilee Day of Mercy. He describes it as a time when we can discover that life together as brothers and sisters is like a great party, perhaps the most beautiful party we can imagine, the endless party that Jesus has taught us to celebrate by his Spirit. The Jubilee is the party to which Jesus invites us all, without excluding anyone.
- Christopher Wesley wonders if when it comes to our youth ministry planning… are we just guessing?
- We often discuss morality rates among minorities…. But were you aware that there is a rise in deaths of young whites?
- Jacob Eckeberger and Youth Specialties have some social media tips for parents.
- Tim Elmore lists out three parental acts that hinder young people from becoming leaders. http://growingleaders.com/blog/three-parental-acts-hinder-students-becoming-leaders/
- Mike St. Pierra suggests it may be time to Re-invent yourself at Work.
- What can, and should, youth mentorship look like when it comes to youth ministry?
- I have been preparing for a blizzard this weekend and have considered the snopocalyptic implications for ministry and life. (Meanwhile, I think I just invented a new word!)
That’s it for this week, folks. For those not impacted by the weather this week, count your blessings and enjoy this video: