When we started this weekly series, we referenced that old Beatles’ song Eight Days a Week under the thought that youth ministers work so hard it is like working eight days a week. With this edition, we are changing the title to reflect the possibility that the items found within the post are posted In Case You Missed It. This is designed to serve you over the next eight days with eight notes for your information and formation. Pass these along in your e-newsletters (and offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.)
- Adam McLane shares information about the most difficult place in America to share the Gospel. It is closer than you think.
- The NFL schedule is out and I usually check for possible conflicts between programming and ‘big” games. Did you know that Pope Francis had impact on the schedule?
- A Catholic diocese and Young Life have formally united to share in the great call to reach “every kid, everywhere” together with the gospel.
- Our poster this week reminds us all to pray for the earthquake victims of Nepal and support the work of Catholic Relief Services. Our cover image celebrates our new name.
- It is the season to be about nabbing new volunteers (Actually, It is ALWAYS the season to do that!) Chris Wesley has some tips.
- Along the same vein, Orange offers five steps to connecting and training new volunteers as well as how to acclimate a new volunteer and how to cast vision to your volunteers.
- Recently, I asked by Twitter if nostalga had a place in youth ministry. A response came back “Not the way it used to.”
- Remember back when, in case you missed it, we ain’t got nothing but love, babe, eight days a week. Was true back then… still true!