Here is the latest in our weekly series offering a set of hyperlinks useful to the Catholic Youth Ministry field just In Case You Missed It. (and, yea, we did miss it last week… trying to reclaim the rhythm) Please pass these along in your e-newsletters (and offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.)
- When you are doing youth ministry, do you image yourself as a hero or as a guide? Don Miller has some advice suggesting you avoid the mistake that Hillary Clint, Mitt Romney, and John McCain, or John Kerry have made in previous political campaigns.
- Orange matches these themes by recommending a we over me approach towards collaboration.
- September is coming and that often involves a parent meeting. Jody Livingstone has recommendations on communicating with parents (even when you ain’t one yourself.)
- So, buckle up, folks… The Boy Scouts look to be preparing to admit gay adult scout leaders. There looks to be a religious exemption… Should be interesting to see how it all plays out. As with national issues like this, they play out locally… How will your parish respond?
- Yep, the times, hey are a’changing. And it is impacting our original projections about the millennial age cohort. Tim Elmore reports that millennials are becoming not exactly who we thought they would be.
So, lots to think about and pray about.