Here is the latest in our weekly series offering a set of hyperlinks useful to the Catholic Youth Ministry field just In Case You Missed It. Please pass these along in your e-newsletters (and offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.)
- Pope Francis has been offering concrete and, at times, colorful advice, on parenting and families.
- Our friends at Fuller Youth Institute remind parents that if they want to pass along their faith to their kids then they must visibly demonstrate their faith to them.
- Tim Elmore reminds us and parents that a primary task in our work is passing along ownership
- Pew Research has just released a report on parent social media usage and Adam McLane offers 5 things that you need to know about it.
- Both my parishes will be hosting live feeds of Catholic Parent Revivals from the World Meeting of Families in September.
- Is your next calling to be a Next Gen minister?
- Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone of Charleston, South Carolina and USCCB liaison to the National Catholic Committee on Scouting recently responded to the BSA’s decision to allow openly gay leaders. You will want to know about this in case issues arise in your parish or school.