Below we continue our weekly series which provides a set of hyperlinks useful to the Catholic Youth Ministry field. This is just In Case You Missed It. Please pass these along in your e-newsletters. Make sure to offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.
- How could you have missed it – – the Pope arrives in the US in less than a month. The USCCB has all sorts of catechetical resources for you to use.
- Are we equipping others to share their stories of faith?
- Always like to keep an eye on mainstream media and how teens are viewed. The New Yorker recently offered an engaging article on the Teenage Brain.
- While visiting the Teenage Brain, here’s an infograaphic for parents to help in understanding
- A thoughtful critique of the youth ministry industrial complex and why a paradigm shift is needed towards serving with and alongside parents.
- Added to that argument, Eric Gallagher claims that the only way to truly help the youth is to help their parents and the communities to which kids belong.
- Kara Powell offers ten tips on getting parents to show up for your next parent training.
- Just for entertainment: One Direction is breaking up. Here are nine ways to help teens through this pastoral care crisis.
Our cover image comes from the bright lights of the Iowa State Fair.