Below we continue our weekly series which provides a set of hyperlinks useful to the Catholic Youth Ministry field. This is just In Case You Missed It. Please pass these along in your e-newsletters. Make sure to offer Project YM a little love in the process, please.
- On Tuesday night this week, Dr. Robert McCarty announced that he will be resigning from his position as Executive Director of the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry, Inc, effective March 1, 2016. Keep all in your prayers during this period of transition.
- Time to consider upping your game with social media. Here’s 25 quick ideas and some suggestions for Instagram video to make. We do this because social media does matter for ministers.
- How can we connect with parents? Encourage them to find the spark within their kids; offer them a third parenting style beyond helicopter and free range parenting; and be intentional regarding connecting them with your small group leaders.
- Of note for those working with emerging adults, the Boston Globe looked into what millennials believe and how they gather.
- Mark Oestreicher offers some reflections on the growth practices of leaders. How are you doing?
- Speaking of Marko, further reflections on Belonging are offered following a presentation from the Youth Cartel leader.
Meanwhile, don’t let September smack you in the face, like is does in our cover photo