May the Peace of Christ be with you
Yesterday, it our perceptions became reality. We have been deep into Autumn already. Yesterday, the meteorologists finally celebrated the first days of Fall. We have been proud to be Church all along. The Holy Father’s visit has reminded so many others of the gifts of being part of the universal Church. ….. During this upcoming weekend’s liturgies, we are reminded not to contend for power or position but to be the last of all and the servant of all. In the busyness of September, please try to find a moment and approach others with the heart of a servant.
There is so much for which to keep watch. Here, we continue our weekly series, and offer some good Youth Ministry links for you, just In Case You Missed (seeing) It
- Pope Francis spoke to young people in Cuba about dreams. CNS Video offers the message. On next Tuesday, we will post up a blog entry outlining all the youth friendly presentation by the Holy Father from his trip. Meanwhile, we offered some Pope links in anticipation of his arrival in last week’s edition.
- While I am not a fan of messy games, Download Youth Ministry has a list of their ten messy games.
- Darrel Girardier offer five notes he shares with parents regarding technology and their kids as well as five ways tech has influenced kids.
- Tim Elmore has suggested six defining characteristics of Generation Z.
- A MORE PROFESSIONAL YOU:
- Make sure your e-mails get read. Here’s a top-to-bottom email checklist
- Are you feeling overwhelmed? Sharing the advice of engineers, artists, and St. Paul himself, Father Mike Schmitz offers a video course of action.
- RECENTLY AT PROJECT YM:
- Jenn offered a timely youth group program night about Pope Francis.
- Scott re-takes a deep look at witness talks with Can I Get a Witness?
- Rebuild My Church is coming October 6. Join us for this on-line youth ministry conference.
- Need to add a fundraiser to your repertoire? Consider a Pub Trivia Night.
Our perceptions do become reality. We are a part of the youth ministry revolution. But against what? Adam McLane offers a profound insight. Leneita Fix reminds us that this Revolution is taking place in within a cynical era. Always remember the power of a perception that has God-vision as its lens.