May the Peace of Christ be with you
The Green Day lyrics haunt the playlist in my mind. Summer has come and passed. The innocent can never last. Wake me up when September ends. Yes, September is over. The newness of first meetings, first programs, the nervousness and tension (the innocence) can not last. But, to keep our energy and freshness, we strive to keep it all alive.
Here, in an effort to help you keep it all alive, we continue our weekly series, and offer some good Youth Ministry links for you, just In Case You Missed It.
- Still helping others process the experience of Pope Francis’ visit to the US? Father James Martin offers three takeaways for last week.
- Kurt Johnson offers some rational as to why you might choose to ditch your next youth group meeting.
- What are the top 5 heresies that we promote in youth ministry? (Examination of conscience stuff folks!)
- Tim Elmore suggests 7 ideas that parents can use to prepare their kids to lead in life.
- ParentCue offers 4 ways to teach your kids initiative.
- A MORE PROFESSIONAL YOU:
- RECENTLY AT PROJECT YM:
- Looking back on Pope Francis’ trip, Fr. Matthew Schneider, LC encountered 31 people who were there and inspired by the Holy Father. Lots of video to share!
- Colm takes specific note of the Pope’s address to Congress and wonders if we are taking advantage of the storehouses of wisdom available to us.
- Scott considers the Holy Father’s messages, especially related to young people.
- Rebuild My Church is coming next Tuesday, October 6. Join us for this on-line youth ministry conference.
We are past when September end, but our appreciation for all that you do for the Church’s mission with young people never end. God bless you in all that you do. October – Bring It on!