May the peace of Christ be with you.
Today we celebrate the feast day of John Paul II. He suggested that “while the Internet can never replace that profound experience of God which only the living, liturgical and sacramental life of the Church can offer, it can certainly provide a unique supplement and support in both preparing for the encounter with Christ in community, and sustaining the new believer in the journey of faith which then begins.”
Of course, providing a unique supplement is the worthy goal of Project YM, It also serves as the modus operandi for this weekly series of Catholic youth ministry hyperlinks for you just In Case You Missed It.
- Here’s a really important infographic on Teen Alcohol and Substance Abuse worthy of printing and posting as well as passing along to parents
- Need some really good news about kids? Learn how Generation Z uses social media towards Social Good and not just for gaining Social Capital.
- Joe Paprocki acknowledges that we, as Church. are good about service but questions are we doing enough to help people see their efforts through the lens of faith. (and offers a solution.)
- Andy Banks discusses going for the win in youth ministry.
- Addressing the “Expectation Gap” in parenting.
- The landscape of the family is changing; we are facing a new frontier of family ministry. We have built programs, systems, and ministries around the idea of a two-parent traditional family which becoming more and more the exception.
- Robert Hater has family activity suggestions for your (imperfect) holy family.
- Here are 4 secrets to delivering a dynamic message.
- Locally, we are evaluating mission vitality of our parish communities. Here is an important checklist regarding the principles contributing to an evangelizing community.
- Sometimes, at a rally or conference or other settings, we are called upon to plan Mass for a very large group off-site from a Church. Here’s a good checklist for all your needs.
- Michael Marchand offers some breaking news as Flocknote and Life Teen Join Forces for a Youth Ministry Win
- Scott wonders Are we all just pretending to be fine when we gather at Church?
We beseech the intercessions of saint John Paul he Great on behalf all of all those who walk with young people on behalf of the Church. God bless you.