May the peace of Christ be with you.
Pink candle Sunday is upon us! Shout for joy, O daughter Zion! Sing joyfully, O Israel! Cry out with joy and gladness. Rejoice in the Lord always. I shall say it again: rejoice! Not really clear what the scriptures are trying to say… but last year, Pope Francis suggested that it “hurts to see Christians with a bitter face, restless with bitterness because they are not at peace”. He said that “saints have the face of joy”, and that no one has ever seen a saint with “a sad face”. (By the way, Pope Francis turns 79 on Thursday.)
Get yourself back to a point of smiling so that others do not miss your joy, in the meanwhile, here continues our weekly series of Catholic youth ministry hyperlinks for you is provided just In Case You Missed It.
- Knights of Columbus Supreme Knight Carl Anderson identified a “tipping point” for the KofC and, looking towards the future looked towards parishes, families, and youth ministry. ProjectYM’er Scott Dougherty feels this is important stuff to know and I agree. Anderson stated Today, the Knights of Columbus is providentially positioned to play a key role in the new alliance between the Church and the family called for by Pope Francis. But for us to do so requires that we adopt new methods. Read the text and/or Watch the Video.
- DownloadYM is entering the world of webinars today at 11:30 am pacific. You might want to check out How to Empower Teenagers Toward Serving Rather Than Sitting
- For a multitude of reasons, I am looking forward to a solid break of the holidays. Justin Knowles justifies why his programming takes a two-week break at year’s end.
- I was sitting with a group the other night and they surprise me in how much they wanted to emphasize social justice in their local programming. Orange has some tips on how your church can engage families through service.
- How can we help grow compassionate kids?
- Joe Paprocki has some food suggestions for reinforcing Catholic Identity, many of which are easily transferable to parish settings.
- The YM Sidekick offers 5 steps to start getting social with social ministry.
- This article was published in May 2011. I’m finally getting around to recommending it: Lessons from a Professional Procrastinator.
- Katie Prejean was the guest for week #2 of the Youth Ministry Hotseat
- If you felt a disturbance on the Force last night, Project YM’s Tony Vasinda challenged Bob Rice to a mini-golf battle last night. Still not really sure who won, but we suspect the dark side.
- Scott wrapped up his NCYC participant follow-up series