Consider the motivations for a fashion makeover… One is stuck in a look that is no longer fashionable or attractive. One is ready to embrace a change around them. I knew a guy who had a beard and a pony tail who within a week had shed both of them and then asked a “some kind of wonderful” beautiful young to marry him.
Now, on this sire we have long commented on the call for change within catholic youth ministry (Are you reading and commenting upon the Celebrate Me Home series?) and it may just be time to consider a make-over in parish youth ministry. Eric Gallagher invites us to consider these primary precipitating factors for makeover motivation.
1. You have been doing the same thing for a very long time.
2. You have no goals.
3. The parish does not know the vision.
4. You do not know “what’s in”.
5. Your communication efforts are failing.
6. The phrase “New Evangelization” has no meaning to you.
It’s worth checking out the details of the list. Would you add anything else to Eric’s suggestions?