Just thought I would mix it up a little today and share my recipe for some incredibly delicious oatmeal cookies. The best part is you don’t feel guilty eating them for breakfast!
Obligatory Student Ministry Tie In: Bake a batch of these suckers and have a plate of them warm and waiting for the teens after school. Make sure you get some milk to go with them. You’ll be an instant hero.
1 cup crisco
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp butter
1 cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups oatmeal
2 cups mini chocolate chips
2 cups raisins
1 1/2 cups Craisins
1 cup raw almond slivers
2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, and the cup of almond slivers. Cook for 5-8 minutes (stirring constantly) or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Cream Crisco, remaining butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in oatmeal, chocolate chips, raisins, Craisins and almonds until combined.
- Spoon out dough onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 11-13 minutes until light brown. (Cookies will still be gooey when done.)
- With your friends: It makes a bunch of cookies so plan to give some away!
- With me: If you bake them, snap a picture and post it below or tweet it to me.