If you’ve been following my posts for any segment of time, you know that my passion is to develop leaders in ministry so that we can have a greater impact on the people that God has called us to serve. Everything from blog reflections to workshops, everything we do here is geared to help you (and me) become better leaders!
I believe that R E A L is the foundational acrostic building blocks that help all of us do what we do in ministry, and do it well.
- Relationships: All ministry is founded on the ability to work with and serve people. That can only be done by being intentional about developing relationships with staff, volunteers, and those we serve.
- Equipping: We cannot do it all ourselves. Equipping other leaders, both volunteers and staff, is required so that we can multiply our efforts and work.
- Attitude: Would you rather work with people who have a positive attitude or a negative one? Positive, of course. As simple as this sounds, we must choose every day to have a positive attitude of personal growth and empowerment.
- Leadership: As John C. Maxwell often states, “Everything rises and falls on leadership.” Therefore, we must grow our leadership potential to have the impact we are hoping for in our organizations.
I hope that my ministry and this website will continue to be a resource for you. And if you ever have ideas around REAL Ministry, please share them with me. I especially would love to hear topics within REAL Ministry that would be helpful to you as a ministry leader.
I want to help! Let’s continue this journey of ministry leadership together!
I want to take this time to personally thank two people who helped get me to this point in launching the website:
- Shirlene Do helped me determine that a new branding and logo for my ministry was necessary. When I started to share with her about REAL Ministry, she jumped all over it and immediately helped me create a vision for this that was bigger than my thoughts alone could create. She did all the website work to make it look and feel the way it is. She is a great writer and you can see her great work at www.ficklefaith.com (honest and real stories about her faith journey) and www.youmeandfivebucks.com (artistic and witty reflections on life, family, and anything else that you might talk about at a coffee shop.) Thanks for all your hard work, Shirlene!
- Steve Do helped create the new logo for REAL Ministry and I love it! It’s simple, clean, and focuses on the idea that R E A and L are the building blocks for successful ministry. Steve can be found at www.stevedo.org. And yes, Steve and Shirlene are married (and great friends to me and my family!)