I just posted an article over on the eCatholic Blog about how to setup and use Google Places for Your Parish. It’s an incredibly important step in improving your parish’s presence and ranking on Google. Make sure you send the article to whoever is in charge of your parish’s website.
But after I wrote it, I got to thinking: I’ve used Google Places for our youth room too!
Why? I can think of at least six reasons:
- It gets it on the map. If you have a cool name for your youth room (like “The Twenty“), think about how cool it would be to see that listed on Google maps!
- You can list your hours. Publicly display the hours your youth room is open.
- Highlight the features. Ping pong tables, study hours, free snacks – whatever the perks of your space are, let teens know why they should come.
- Your location becomes tag-able. More and more apps are using Google Maps to let users tag their location…get on the list!
- Improve SEO. Anytime you can get your ministry included on Google with a link back to your site, it improves your search engine ranking.
- Explain the name. If you’ve got a less than obvious name for your youth room (like “The Twenty“), when people hear about it, now they search the name and your city and your Google Place will pop up.
Getting your youth room on Google Places is super easy and it just takes four simple steps. Do it now.
Got any other ideas on how to use Google Places? Share them below.